Saturday, January 26, 2008

Kerala, God's Own Country

After what could be told as the wrath of examinations, I took a much needed vacation. The very next day I left to what is called as "GOD'S OWN COUNTRY", Kerala. It seems my Grandmom had some kind of "iccha" to see some of the temples, in which she used to play when she was in her childhood.

First of all, I completely agree with the guys who named Kerala as "GOD'S OWN COUNTRY". I mean, as soon as you reach kerala, you feel as if u have entered a Divine Area. In my Trip, first I took a flight from Mumbai to Coimbatore, and from Coimbatore, I reached Pollachi. In pollachi, we had a brief stay at my Grandmother's Mother's Younger Sister. It was a classic old-age kerala house, it used to have a roof made of dried coconut leaves but now they changed to bricks. Seeing the house itself, was a pleasure to my eyes. Later that Evening, we visited my grandmother's village known as Ellapulli, which is in the Pallakad District of Kerala. We visited the village temple, and also my grandmother's mother's Sister had another house here too. So we had a brief visit, and left for the Pallakad City.

Called the day in Pallakad City, and left for my Grandfather's village, Govindrajapuram. We had no house there so just visited the village temple, and wet my feet at the temple's pond, which was a Scenic beauty. The pond was really awesome, though the water had become a bit dirty with all the people having bath with soap on their body, but the entire area was really beautiful. Later in the afternoon we left for Guruvayoor.

Guruvayoor, the Temple City, as it is called, has the most famous Guruvayurappan Temple. The temple is very very auspicious, as it has a very huge history. After reaching Guruvayoor, we called the day. Next day we roamed around in the Temple City, and went to another place nearby, called Kunnamkullam. There we went to my Grandmother's Friend's Farmhouse. It was rit in the middle of the farmlands. So you can imagine how it would be. We then went to the Elephant Sanctuary, and came back to our room and slept off. Next Day we returned back to the farmlands, and did some exploring in the fields. Then left for Coimbatore and came back to mumbai in the night's Flight.

Though, the way i have described might make my trip sound as if I didnt do anything at all, in fact, its very much the opposite. The very fact that, the temple in which you are going, used to be visited by my forefathers, the way you are bowing down to the deity, the same way they also used to bow down, I mean , I feel its something that should be cherished for lifetime. Signing off at that note, ask me about the trip at yahoo on my ID, ill tell u a lot in detail.

No comments: