Saturday, February 9, 2008

Winter in Mumbai

Mumbai Cold Wave, the most talked about thing in mumbai. Seriously, from the day I ave born, I do not remember any winter extending till february, not only that, I havent seen any winter so Cold. Whenever my cousins or friends visited some place in the North, like Kullu Manali or Delhi or some place like that, they would always bring back lots of sweaters, gloves, monkey caps and stuff becoz all these places are famous for these stuff. At first I thought, what the hell are they useful for in a place like mumbai. Looks like god wanted to put everything to a use, so he turned on the AC.


9 Degree Celsius ..... can you imagine???? I mean at this temperature, you cant feel your thumb. Wearing a Sweater/Jacket in the afternoon sitting at home is the last thing I imagined. The cold, as they say, is stingy. I mean the worse part of the cold is, it stings u everywhere in the body which is lying naked. I mean just sit for 20 secs without your shirt on, bare bodied, it would feel as if someone invisible (like in the hollow man movie) is poking you with a blunt object.

The biggest joke is the electricity bills, I think the temperature is down because someone up there noticed that too much of electricity is being used up, so to cut it down he himself turned on the Centralized Air Conditioning. Now a days at night, my fan doesnt make a single noise. I never turn it on. I dont even know whether its working or not, and I really dont wanna test it either.

These winter days are quite boring too. Dont feel like doing anything at all. Going to college, roaming around with friends, playing football , everything is like "Dimag ko Shot". Even going down and bringing something from the grocery is a pain in the ass job. Its really boring, and laziness comes on naturally. Keeping my bare feet on the ground terrifies the shit outta me coz it feels as if i am standing on ice. Even the Chappals and Slippers are cold!!

Lets hope the winter goes away fast and summer comes back, not that jabardast dhuup wala summer, mild summer chalegaa.

No comments: