Saturday, February 2, 2008

Iron Maiden Rocks Mumbai and me tooo

Awesome!! ... thats the only word that can describe, today's event. Yet after completing the last sentence i feel as if, I am missing something. In short, I think there are no words for the way in which it made my day (night actually!!). Yes folks, the event I am talking about is nothing but a concert by the Gods, the guys who have been around to rock everyone, from ur daddy to the young folks of the present generation , none other than "Iron Maiden".


My first concert in the year 2008, and it was of Iron Maiden; Whoa!! what a way to start the year. The music was classic, as classic as it can be, Classic Rock at its very best. The melody, was perfect to set u in a state of trance. The beats were so awesome, that it should definitely make ur feet tap. The Bass lines were so enchanting, that it would draw out the soul in you, and give it a reason to live. Listening Iron Maiden perform live, is way way better than any thing good in life. I think thats what they mean by saying, Music is the best drug, to make you high.

Descriptions apart, I liked Rainmaker the best in the entire song selection, followed by the ever classic Fear of the Dark. Other numbers such as Number of the Beast, Hallowed by Thy name, Powerslave, some songs from the album Seventh Son of the Seventh Son(I dont have this album, sigh!!),Run to the Hills, Iron Maiden, were all superb too, but the first two were the best of the best. And yeah, they also had a live Eddie, walking along the stage, and it looked superb too. Bruce was jumping here and there, climbing on stuff as always, and asking the public to scream for him, like every concert. Adrian, Dave and Steve did a great job with their guitars, and Nicko who was covered by the drum set did a terrific job, especially the way he clashed the cymbals, it was freaking scary sometimes.

Cant wait for the Concert DVD to be released man, and I wish they would release it too.A big Shoutout to DNA networks to bring Iron Maiden for the second time in India, and I hope they bring big bands like them, more often to India. Some them are Korn, System of a Down, Disturbed, Pantera, Sum 41, Green Day. I hope my requests get fulfilled someday.

No comments: