Saturday, November 3, 2007

VIVAs or Timepass (Continued)

Last post I left you with a scene in which, you would have though i am smart and clever and several other good stuff about me (i dont like talking nice things about myself) well, the DSP (Digital Signal Processing) Viva made me shit my pant, that too not the normal shit, it was loose motions for me (seriously!!!).

The starting part of the viva was very much similar to the AMUP one. Started pretty late, but this guy took 5 people at once inside, it was more like standing in front of the firing squad. The first 5 people came out with smiling faces, saying "Easy Easy concepts puuchta hai, itna kuch problem nahin hai". So as expected, everyone started loosening up, sayin yeah, they were prepared with the basics, whereas I who wasted the last 2 days in a cousin's wedding, did nothing but sit in a chair, met several new relatives, shook hands and exchanged smiles. One good thing I did was, increase my chances of getting employed, since most of these relatives of mine are in good positions at good places.

I was completly blank, when i reached college, my friends were all well versed with all the properties and formulas and all that crap, and i was sitting there alone and literally pulling my hairs, reading and trying to force everything through the hole(which was the size of a pin point at that point of time) in my brain. Still, I had the least amount of confidence that I had ever in my life.

When it was time for me to face the firing squad, I was literally sitting at the edge of my seat, and the general (a.k.a. external) started giving orders. He started firing questions, and i couldnt answer a single one, actually not a single person from the entire group of 5 ppl who went inside could answer a single question. The general got angry and started talking to the subordinate officer(a.k.a. internal) who started firing her set of questions, which again were like, shooting with your eyes closed and aiming rit in the sky. Both the general and officer got so frustrated that, in the end, they asked us, what to do with us, someone slowly said, "Sir Problem dedo", hearing that he asked us "Dekho agar mai problem dungaa toh solve karne aayegaa tum ko?? ... nahin aaya toh??". Taunting us like that, he gave us a problem which was the toughest one i have ever seen, it took me and a friend 1 and half hour to solve it, not to mention, the number of times i had to restitch my "phata hua chaddi". Finally, i somehow managed to solve the problem and give the solution, to which the general appeared to be a little happy, and asked me my roll no and asked me to leave.

If you are curious, about the question that he asked me, just tell me, i will mail you the question, and beleive me, after solving the question, i felt as if i climbed mount everest.

No comments: