Tuesday, October 30, 2007

VIVAs or TIMEPASS!!

Here is something I experienced this week, from the previous posts u would have come to a conclusion that my VIVAs are on, so I would be pretty busy with studies and all. In reality, I have been wasting my time, on useless crap stuff like going to college and giving VIVAs.

You must be pretty confused thinking, wtf is this guy talking about, besides it wouldnt seem too much, if you think i am on drugs or something, coz once u listen to what I have to say, am sure you will be pretty much like my mental condition.

Day 1 ---> AMUP VIVA

I went to college and reached at 10:30AM, VIVAs were scheduled at 10:00AM (yeah the notice had the words "10:00AM sharp" writtern in bold and underlined with full effect). After reaching I found out, the external hasnt come as yet, so we waited till around 11:30AM, then this bald guy comes and says "Come 4 people for VIVA". And so it began, the thing that was scheduled at 10:00AM started at 11:30AM, typical Jondale like. The first batch that went in, came out and said "Bhaari Bhaari questions puuch raha hai undar, yeh pad voh pad aur voh bhi padd". Hearing that people started digging holes into their books and reading even more. I think one guy even started remembering the page numbers of some concepts that he studied. Later, after 4 to 5 batches went and came, we came to know all the different types of questions that were asked inside. So now come the smart students, who's (by god's grace) roll numbers were at a later stage, they read only those questions that were asked inside, thus saving lots of time.

I was part of this group of smart student, who wasted the entire nite doing nothing and read only those questions which were asked inside, within the 2-3 hours that he took. Now came my turn, as soon as I went in, this external asked my other patner "Accha Boss, Kya pada hai bolo", he said SPARC architecture. As soon as he heard this, his eyes twinkled like as if he was unemployed, and was given an opportunity to work in an MNC. The first bouncer he put was "Tell me, we have SPARC architecture but not a SPARC processor why???", he pointed his finger starting from the other end where I was sitting (we were sitting in a single row and i was very much close to the external), everyone of them shrugged their shoulder and said "No idea" (which is the best way to say, "YEH kya puucha hai aapne???"). As soon as he pointed onto me, I was determined to say something or the other, so I started of by saying "Sir Architecture, is nothing but a design, whereas processor is the implementation of this design, hence SPARC is just a architecture". This was purely instinct based answer, I had no idea of what SPARC was, I didnt even touch that topic. As soon as the external heard my answer he was stunned for a minute or two and sat there staring at me as if I had uttered some verses from some kind of damned and banned book. I think it was because he didnt expect an answer for his question he put, in the way I had given or something like that. Later he himself sat and explained why no processor is made for SPARC. As he was explaining, I caught a glimpse of sweat falling from my friends forehead, from the corner of my eye. They were all terrified by the kind of question this guy was firing at us. Then came the next dreaded question,(dreaded because he was in a mood to fry us alive in a big cauldron with not a single drop of oil, lol), it was something like this "If the SPARC architecture was implemented, that is if SPARC processor was made, which operating system would be used". This question just blew away the remaining courage in our hearts to attend the viva, it was as if we were in some torcher chamber, he then started pointing his dangerous finger one by one, atlast he showed his finger towards me with some hope, and I (who was determined to say something or the other) said the following "Sir, SPARC is made by SUN microsystems (I dunno from where i came to know that) so we can use their Operating System called Solaris". This came as a double surprise, after this big one, I was never asked a single question again in the Entire VIVA for AMUP. So as i told you, I was saved once again for my street smart brain, which picks up junk faster than a magnet picks up iron pins in a hay stack.

The second VIVA of Intelligent System, I will update it when i get time, and the energy to do so, coz rit now am busy with many stuff coming up, like my cousin's wedding etc.... Till then CYA

No comments: