Tuesday, October 9, 2007

9th October 2007

There seems to be a certain breed of chimpanzees who can be described as follows

Our long lost cousins

Imagine a relative who thinks sex is like a handshake. Who organises orgies with the neighbours, doesn’t mind if their partner sleeps around, and firmly believes females should be in charge of everything. Imagine there was a whole tribe of these relatives – crazy yes? But definitely a lot of fun.

Bonobo share 98.7% of our DNA, equal to our more famous cousins, chimpanzees. But unlike chimps, we know hardly anything about them. Part of the reason for this is that there's been civil war in the Democratic Republic of Congo for the last 10 years and bonobos don't live anywhere else. The other reason is that to see wild bonobos, you have to be prepared to canoe for 4 days up the Congo River through malaria infested swamps.
Luckily for us, in the capital of Kinshasa is a 35 hectare forest with over 50 orphans. Because we study psychology, Lola ya Bonobo Sanctuary is a perfect place to play our fun problem solving games that will hopefully help us find out how we became human.

Bonobo Handshake


I really wish I was a Monkey (Not that I am any different, thats what my friends say). Would be woken up in the morning by my other monkey friends. Would be literally "Hanging Around", with them, oogling other monkey chicks. Eating Fresh Fruits rite from the trees, savoring their freshness. Favorite passtime would be removing lice from my girlfriend's hide. Not to mention the countless number of territorial battles, hitting other monkeys, bruising them, kicking them. Life would be so much fun. Atleast better than the once I am living in. Same old Textbook routine. Wake up, go here, do this, do that, go here, eat, go there, do this, do that, ....... I sometimes wonder how we let life do this to us. Then I realise its the other way round, its us who make our lives like that. Change seems to be distant hope, and just a little change in timetable makes me so much happy.
If only I had all the money in the world, the first thing I would do is redistribute it back to the world equally. I sometimes think, why do i lead a boring life, and the answer pops up almost instantly, I just dont have the motivation to do anything, even killing someone needs a motivation, I lack that too (not that I wanna kill someone, just for saying). I salute my sister who is an aspiring Fashion Designer, who is doing what she dreamt of when she was 12yrs old. I salute my friend who is almost a Pilot, and wanted to be one since he saw a plane 8yrs old. And then I salute my mom, who is still getting promotions every single month (she was a clerk 4yrs back, now she is a manager, can u believe it???). I really want to get motivated by all this, but I really dont know why I dont get the vibe. When I was 14yrs old, I dreamt of learning everything that is made for them. So I did Computer Engineering, but now I know everything else that surrounds a computer but not the stuff that I want, and the reason for that is a combination of Laziness, Madness, Distractions and (I am not getting the word here, help me out). I wish I could get motivated, I wish I could get everything right and for once I wish I wasnt someone who I am.


The Pilot





The Fashion Designer





The Manager

No comments: